View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #110 (permalink)
RUFFSTUFF
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z TOURING
RUFFSTUFF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
So I finally installed the intakes yesterday and they look great and sound great. It's been too long since I drove the car much so I couldn't honestly say if they added any power, but gear changes have spun wheels more than they used to, although this may be attributed to my soon-to-be-bald tires.

However, I have one major concern, probably not intake related. After resetting the ECU, the transmission is behaving strangely during shifting. In higher gears, 4,5,6, and 7, the transmission no longer seems to be fully locking. For example, the rpms will drop down to ~1k after shifting up to 5th, and then when I gas it, it would rise up to ~3.5k, above where it should be for the speed, and then drop back down once I let go, sometimes to where it should be (let's say around 2.5k) sometimes back to ~1k.

The downshift rev matching also isn't activating in higher gears. Instead of popping up when downshifting to 3,4, or 5, it would just slowly climb back up. This, and the upshift won't snap into gear as fast as they used to.

Anyone know if this is just because of the ECU reset and that this would fix itself after a while? Or did I mess something up during the install?

You didn't drink enough beer during the install. Now you have to drive the car more so the ECU can relearn...