View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
that must have been one badass squirrel

regardless, congrats!
Until you have had a squirrel in a structure, you have no idea how destructive they can be (I sure didn't). When he first started getting in (ripped off shingles / sheathing), I covered it with metal. He just tore a bigger hole. Put chicken wire over it and he ripped down the wooden fascia to get in. Every hole I'd plug, he'd tear a new one. He had all of his nuts stored in the eaves, which caused them to fall. He eventually started tearing off the clapboards to get in after I cut the trees back so he couldn't get to the roof.
I tried live traps, poison, kill traps, moth balls, loud music, squirrel keep away and a host of other things. Then I started shooting them. After about a dozen kills, still didn't get the right one.

I finally soaked his store of nuts in bleach and he gave up getting in to retreive them.

Squirrels suck.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote