View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #66 (permalink)
LafitteZ
Track Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
LafitteZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
Have any of you guys checked the condition of the condenser coils to make sure that they are clean, there may be dirt on them causing a bad heat exchange, it does not take a lot of dirt to mess up an AC condenser from working to max capacity on a very hot and humid day.
I would also check the intercooler to make sure that it is clean as well.
Oil temps and high water temps in the car have no effect on the A/C system unless the cars ECU turns off the AC compressor as a way of stoping the heat transfer from the condenser to affect the temp of the air going into the rad.

Z
Cool ill do that too. Im going to take the bumper off tonite and make sure things are clean since I do a ton of driving. Im trying to find someone who i feel is qualified to work on it. Iv had bad experiences with mechanics saying they can work on a z but really cant. I have some z1 hoses and stuff to put on so I think im going to drain and refill the radiator and let someone do the vacuum thing on the ac just to make sure. See this is stuff I can relay to a mechanic so they can check. I drive up and I dont really know what all this is so I dont really know what to tell them to check or look for. Thanks for all of your help. If you have any more brain storms plz let me know.
LafitteZ is offline   Reply With Quote