Thread: Understeer
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

I'd focus on getting best tire you can either RE11 or Hanckook RS3 for street tires. Consiider ditching the 19's in favor of 18's. Then you can get 275 front and 285 rear RS3 setup that works pretty nicely on the track and AX. Look into getting at least 275 up front. While I agree its mostly about setup stockish cars need more tire up front. You likely dont have luxury of dialing in suspension and bars like a race car can. FYI I run 295 rears and 285 fronts on the track on same width rims as you. For AX I run 315 rears and 295 fronts.

If you are doing AX no amount of dialing will offset front end push if you are under 275 so go bigger in front by default for AX for sure.