View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute
Default New home for the Z

My old garage was on it's last legs - roof leaked, foundation was shot, pad was shot and the final straw was last year a squirrel got in and destroyed it. So it's time for a new one. Last one was 20' x 22', this is 24' x 28'. When I parked my Z on the left hand side of the old one, I could only open the door to the first click to get out - it was that tight. The extra 4' should help with that situation. I'm going to have two rooms in it - the front will just be for cars and then the back room (5' x 24') will be accessible through a man door on the back corner. That room will be for yard stuff & other non-car stuff.

Here are a few pics of the old one and then where we are today with the new one. Trusses were supposed to be here yesterday & didn't show. I'll update as we go along.

Old garage. Not sure when it was built, but it was a mess.

Tearing down the old one. Contractor was really worried about it falling into the neighbor's since they're only a couple feet apart.

Here's the foundation before backfill. The interior took 70 tons of backfill.

And here's where we are today. The demo / foundation / floor took nearly 3 weeks. The framing & sheathing took 5 hours.

scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote