View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #1719 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
Yes full course... was running with Chin's "blue group" and was passed by a lot of the VIR regulars (mostly vettes vipers and race porsches) who went pretty much full speed into the esses... I'd need about 5 more track days to get to that level of comfort and even then not sure I'd do it with skinny tires on the back... there was a chipped and hoosier shod 135 that carried more speed into there than anyone else I saw - that car does inspire confidence at speed!
I've never had the chance to wail on a 135 like that, but I feel like it would be scary at those speeds.

Taking those esses all out is one of those things that doesn't feel worth it to me, at least when you are talking a hobby car. Too much risk, plus if you wreck, you do it where people can see and judge you
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote