Thread: Engine is DONE!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #46 (permalink)
fighterinsnat
Base Member

Drives: 370z Gray
fighterinsnat is on a distinguished road

I'm not saying that I shouldn't check my oil.

I'm saying that I shouldn't have to check my oil in order to prevent it from exploding.

There is a service bulletin, I came in with symptoms on that bulletin; the first thing they should have done is check the oil level.

I brought the car to them because I didn't want to bother with it. I was willing to pay any amount of money to fix the problem before it worsened.

I wasn't aware of the car consuming oil like that until after I found the service bulletin. Now you'll be damn sure that I check often.
All i knew was the oil ran hot in these cars.

I don't have the time or space to deal with maintenance on my car all the time. I do my oil changes, fluid changes, etc but when it comes to things having problems, i take it in. I can't be spending days trying to pinpoint problems.

I used to have time troubleshoot issues on my own and actually I did come here to find a resolution before I went to the dealership.

Also I haven't been called one time since I brought the car in. I'm without a car and I have idea why the engine did what it did. After I called him on saturday all he said is that I need to show oil records and wouldn't give me any more information.
fighterinsnat is offline   Reply With Quote