View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #176 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YIPZEE View Post
I have 30,000 miles on the car. Drive it 90 miles a day. Houston traffic. During normal driving (avg. 28.4 mpg @ avg. speed of 41mph) Oil temp hits 250 deg f. with out side temp of 98deg f. Looked at setrab M25 oil cooler mounting position. Baker mounted in against the leading arc of the drivers side plastic wheel liner. I upgraded to a Nismo front face for more air flow and still can't see a passage for air to hit the oil cooler. Also do't see how air can flow thru it with the solid backing of the wheel liner. Any body else have this problem? Any suggestions? Where is the oil cooler supposed to mount so that it gets air flow?
That is the right location per what GTM recommends with the stage 1 SC kit. The intercooler sits near the radiator, unlike the TT kits, which leaves no room for the oil cooler to be mounted there. I have the same kit and live in Houston and only see those temps when I am in traffic. The issue with it the air needs to be flowing and when in traffic you are not pulling in enough air to keep an air-oil cooler system temps down.
Now, there is a kit GTM or someone made to add a fender liner that is vented, but I still think even with no air flowing through the system it will not help. It will be great once you are moving and any hot air can be pushed out, but traffic might still suck.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote