View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #44 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyBlueZ View Post
Went with my friend to Subaru cuz we were both interested in the brz, and I would 100% say the brz is direct competition with the fr-s, seeing how the salesman spent the entire time badmouthing the fr-s lol Talking about how it handles like crap and it doesn't feel right the entire time it's driven haha

It was a lot smaller than I thought in person compared to pics. The Z is fine for me but I'm certain my head would hit the brz roof and I'd be quite uncomfortable in it. The rear seats are a joke, obviously. Also, some of the exterior styling is quite ugly and really cheapens the look of the car (like the sharp angled front signal lights, fender vents, or the yellow turn signal right above the front wheel well). Feels like they copied from one too many other cars and mashed them all up (the rx-8, bmws, our Zs).

However.. for the price, especially if I was still in high school and my tastes were a bit less refined.. I would probably be in love with the brz. Anyway, my friend ended up leaving Subaru with the intention of buying an sti instead

The sales guys were classic though. It seems the Subarus around here are trying to create the illusion the brz is super exclusive and rare, so we were told right away they only had 3 brzs on the lot but they were all sold already, so we could look at them from outside, but not inside. Also, if we ordered one that day, we probably wouldn't even get it until JANUARY.. it's that sought after. The best part was when I asked when they'd have one for test drive the guy goes "TEST DRIVE?!? HAH! THERE ARE NO TEST DRIVES! We can't even keep 1 unsold, let alone have one for demo!" I was like "umm so everyone that buys the brz just walks in and pays for it without driving it first?" and he goes, "yeah.. because people that really KNOW cars.. people that buy the brz.. they know. They just know. No one needs a test drive. If you really want a test drive, you can get one at Scion.. they'll have tonnes of fr-s around for test drive. Just know the experience will be inferior to the brz." at which point another salesman leans over and says, "It's true.. people don't request test drives for the brz since everywhere you look the car is just being raved over and it's known fact at this point the ride is just perfect."