View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #2102 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Damn that's a crazy story Adam, but glad you're ok and that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Here's my storm story. Went to Columbia to watch the movie Ted Friday night. Went there early for the 10:40 show so we could get good seats (and because the 9:40 show was sold out when we got there ) and sat in the theater waiting for about 30-40 mins. Halfway through the previews, the power goes out. We go look outside and there is a crazy storm raging, which we saw no signs of earlier.

They were giving out free movie passes, but we decided to leave before the storm got worse. Had to run across the parking lot to my Z and use the manual key to get in since my door lock is messed up. Could barely see anything in front of me while driving back home while trying to dodge all the branches and stuff flying around everywhere. A little while after leaving I notice that the service engine light is on in my Z. I have no idea why, but it was not on when we got to the theater.

On 175 near Arundel Mills, we saw what we thought was some sort of emergency light as if they were trying to call for Batman or something. It looked like white and red lights flashing up in the air, lighting up the whole sky. When we got closer I was like "holy crap that's a power line on fire!" It seemed like there might have been a tree partially laying on it, but couldn't really tell. You could see the electricity flowing through that part of the line (the white flashes of light) and you could see the bright red flames as well (red flashes of light). It was one of the coolest and scariest things I've seen and just happened to be on my side of the road. My cousin made a video of it that I still need to check out, I'll post it if it's good. Of course to make it all better, some superdouche in a Jetta decides it's a good idea to speed up and cut me off right next to the blazing power line

Got home safely and we still had power so I just went to bed. We left for NY like 5 hrs later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremee View Post
Queens NY ftmfw ! Lol the roads are **** here tho. But yeah it's gonna stay hot for several days. Extreme temperatures out there :/ sucks for you guys.

I'm telling you... 2012. It all ends
Yeah I used to live there. Had to go pick up my mom from JFK and we stayed in Whitestone for the weekend.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote