View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I don't know if that's exactly the case. It's kind of moot to start comparing modded vs stock. I think the Z is a great platform if you plan on going F.I. as a few members have show. You would run into the same old issues with the FR-S/BRZ going with F.I. Also, at the moment, no one really knows how much power the 4U-GSE / FA20 boxer engine can handle without significant upgrade to the block. I think Greddy has a kit that's suppose to get close to 340hp/325 ft.lb....not bad...but nothing close to what you'd get with a TT'ed 370z. Being so new, aftermarket products for the BRZ/FR-S is going to be pretty sparse for a while. FR-S/BRZ buyers may not stay stock for long, but I think most will only do the same old intake/exhaust mods. I doubt a lot will jump on voiding the warranty off the bat with a forced induction.

Fair points for the most part, though I'm not sure I'd call the z a great platform for FI, considering we still haven't seen anyone able to harness the power.

It's possible (fairly likely) the brz will have some issues itself, but I expect you won't have anywhere near the same challenges as the z (especially dissipating extra heat on a road course)