View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsix View Post
I sat inside a Toyota 86 at the Bangkok Auto Show a few months ago.

... Was really impressed with the seating position/feel of the interior; however, I didn't get to hear the engine or drive the car.
I'd be a little worried about the low horsepower figure (200 hp) and the small displacement of the flat-4 (2.0 liters). I imagine it's a fun car to drive, though. $25 grand is a good price for a light-weight sports car like this. I'm curious how it compares to a Mazda Miata.
It's too bad it's not being sold as a Toyota here in America
I think it's a close comparison. I think it would come down to whether you wanted the space and practicality of the four seater or the top down thrills of the convertible. As a daily driver, I'd give the FRS/BRZ the edge. As a toy, imo the Miata is much more fun to drive because of the drop top.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote