View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Ackrite
Base Member

Drives: '12 White Nismo Z
Ackrite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes709 View Post
Thats exactly what i did with a Dodge dealership. When i was looking at trading my 370z in for the SRT-10 i went to a dealership and test drove one. There was a issue with the brakes and a few other minor little things. I asked the dealer to knock off $5000. They said no. So i said ill think about it and left. A day later the dealership calls me and said they will lower it $2000. I told them no, i want 5000 lower. They replied "well we have a guy interested in it and he isnt asking for a lower price, only reason im trying to get you in it, is because you are in the military and we support our troops." I said "well thanks for that, but let the other guy have it." 2 weeks later i found another SRT-10 at another dealership, bought it and went back to the first dealership to grab something (cant remember what) talked to the sales guy and said "yea i got a different srt-10, lower km's, lower price and nothing wrong with it" He just walked away right pissed off. Funny thing is that SRT-10 on their lot was there for 6 more months.
I thought about doing that with mine. My local dealership (look at my location and you can probably figure out which one it was) wouldn't work with me so I ended up getting the same car from a dealer about an hour away and in total I ended up saving almost $16k. I don't want to be an ******* and rub it in though because I go there for parts and will probably be going there for service if I don't end up doing it myself.
Ackrite is offline   Reply With Quote