View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Snakes709
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Evo-X GSR
Snakes709 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
I believe the exact quote would be something along the lines of "If I let you test drive the car then I have to let every other 18 year old test drive it". This is also after I showed them my credit score and got handed off between 3 different sales people. Just completely unreasonable response to someone who was interested in the car. (For reference: I'm 24, have steady full-time employment, and a credit score of 800)

This single act of the dealership has turned me off to Mitsubishi as a company completely. And to think I was a big fan of the 5th series evo since primary school.

Some dealerships are like that. The one where i bought my EvoX didnt have any GSR's but they let me take a MR out for a drive, no questions asked. Told them i defently wanted a Evo but not a MR. Did the deal and found out they were getting my GSR from another dealership in the city. So i got the VIN and went to look at the car at the other dealership. Asked to test drive it before i sign off on the dotted line (seeing as how i never driven a GSR at this point and i wanna make sure its what i want) They said no, unless i put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit. I laughed in their face and said "you expect me to give you $1000 to test drive a car that will be mine in 3 days?"

Then he tried to tell me "oh you will love this car, we have Rota rims on there a boost controller and turned the boost up to 45psi" I laughed and asked for the paperwork for the work done to it and he asked why. I said "because when a rod goes flying through the block, i want a brand new engine and you guys will be paying for it" He claims it was safe, blah blah blah. I asked to look under the hood and he said no! Like WTF? seriously? I left and found a different sales guy and asked for the keys to the car and he gave them to me...nothing done to the car.

All that being said. I went from a Cobalt SS/SC - 370z - SRT-10 Ram - EvoX....if i could have done it all over i would have went from the Cobalt to the EvoX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
i dont know about you, but my response would have been to laugh in that guys face and then calm down and quietly say "you just lost a sale buddy", then go down the street pick up whatever car you so choose and show back up at said salesmans dealership and flaunt your new ride in his and his sale managers face while you quietly look on as his sale manager fires his douchebag of a salesman
Thats exactly what i did with a Dodge dealership. When i was looking at trading my 370z in for the SRT-10 i went to a dealership and test drove one. There was a issue with the brakes and a few other minor little things. I asked the dealer to knock off $5000. They said no. So i said ill think about it and left. A day later the dealership calls me and said they will lower it $2000. I told them no, i want 5000 lower. They replied "well we have a guy interested in it and he isnt asking for a lower price, only reason im trying to get you in it, is because you are in the military and we support our troops." I said "well thanks for that, but let the other guy have it." 2 weeks later i found another SRT-10 at another dealership, bought it and went back to the first dealership to grab something (cant remember what) talked to the sales guy and said "yea i got a different srt-10, lower km's, lower price and nothing wrong with it" He just walked away right pissed off. Funny thing is that SRT-10 on their lot was there for 6 more months.

Last edited by Snakes709; 07-01-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Snakes709 is offline   Reply With Quote