Thread: Engine is DONE!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpozguy View Post
Yes

sent from my SAMSUNG- SINGLE TURBO SGH-1717
I see you have fallen for the internet BS about oil change intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
The Nissan engine oil warning light is garbage. A number of people who initially had failed oil cooler lines never saw the light come on until the engine was already toast. It sounds like you had a low engine oil situation and the engine finally died due to oil starvation. The single best thing you can do in any car is check your oil level with every fuel fillup. If you went 7,000 miles between oil changes without checking the level, there's a good chance your car just consumed enough oil to put her in the danger zone. Just show Nissan your oil change schedules, underscore that you brought the car in for diagnostics and they did nothing, and hopefully it'll get covered under warranty. Your best bet is to really emphasize that you brought the car in for inspection and they didn't find or do anything.

Good luck with your warranty claim. I hope you kept your receipts for the oil/filter changes.
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote