View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
SailFree
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z GM 7ATS NavS
SailFree is on a distinguished road

My car's a working Z. Drive it to work daily. Park in a lot where there's a lot of wind, pollen, and dust. First highway trip got a tiny window chip and a small paint chip on the hood from stones kicked up by trucks in Charleston, West Virginia. Wife's perpetual garage sale prevents garaging any of our vehicles. Virginia sun is scorching, but no significant snow, slush, and no salt on the roads. So I've given up on keeping it super pristine.

1) Any wax is better than none. I note that, using mostly quick spray waxes, my 2004 Infiniti G35X which I just sold had a quite nice shine even though it suffered the same harsh working-car treatment detailed above.
2) Just got a CoverKing car duster which is copy of the California Car Duster, I assume. I don't know what the mop head is impregnated with, but does a fine job of taking off dust, can't notice any tendency to scratch at all, and it leaves a quite nice shine.
3) Washing with any of several car wash products seems equally effective in cleaning.
4) Have decided against going to the local swirling -brush car wash, though it has worked well with no auto paint damage on two other cars and they have hired some very cute young ladies in yellow t-shirts and black shorts to do the drying and wheel cleaning.
5) Keep sunshade in all the time that I'm parked. Can't decide yet how to deal with mixture of synthetic and real leather on the seats. Anybody have any ideas?

Last edited by SailFree; 06-30-2012 at 10:59 PM.
SailFree is offline   Reply With Quote