View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #319 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so for everyone who was asking me to install the exhaust, I did. It took me about an hour to get done, and that was with a little hang up with using the wrong bolts in the wrong spots. Who ever had the car before me had the same exact exhaust I think, because the EVAP cover was already gone, and the heat shield was already bent back enough to fit the muffler. This really makes me wonder who had my car before me, and if they were one this site at one point. How awesome would that be? Anyway, I digress...

It was dark by the time I got everything finished up, so I don't have pics for you today. Instead, I took this nifty video with my iPhone. I'm not good at reviews, but a quick summation would be this: BUY IT. If you're not sure about this exhaust, BUY IT ANYWAY.

First, the customer service was amazing. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Tony is the man. Easiest person ever to work with, very informed, very professional, very courteous.
Second, the quality of the product is amazing. I have had a few exhausts in my time, from custom to brand name, and this is by far the best one I've ever seen. It looks beautiful. The carbon fiber is beautiful. The welds are perfect. Everything about this exhaust is perfect.
Third, the install is easy. The instructions are clear, concise, and simple. Again, I have a fair amount of mechanical skill, nothing too major, and this was very easy to do.
Fourth, the packaging was great. You can tell that someone cares about their product and workmanship when they package something so that it could fall out of a plane at 10,000 feet and be fine. There was a crapload of bubble wrap, and everything came out in pristine condition, not one scratch on it.
Fifth, THE SOUND. Holy hell, it sounds deep and smooth. That's the only way I can think of to describe it. No rasp whatsoever, no drone, just smooth sexiness all the way to the redline.

I'll leave you with this little video to watch, don't know how good it will sound on the computer, I've yet to watch it on mine. Tomorrow I'm borrowing my friend's Zoom hi def sound recorder and get some passes and in-car recordings. Until then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehQxKYYwGyk
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote