View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mr_Z
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z PG-M6
Mr_Z is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Comment on the Borla CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopGal View Post
Is there drone while driving with the Borla?

Compared to stock, how deeper and louder is the sounds?

So, after a few days, here are my comments about the system:

1- There is NO DRONE at all. On the highway, or even at any speed, you won't hear the exhaust unless you press hard on the accelerator.

2- The exhaust is not much louder than stock while driving (not accelerating). But if you push your car a little, it definitely is a bit louder and has a deeper sound. (Check out the clips!)

3- Unfortunately, there is a tiny little rasp at high rev. (That wasn’t the case on my 350Z Borla). The rasp goes away when the exhaust is really hot after 5-10 min of driving. You can’t really hear it from inside the car, but you can hear it in my last vid from inside the garage. I wonder if there is some way of completely removing this.

4- I now have some comments about the clips after a second stop at my performance shop. Even if the clip assemblies fitted very well, looks like I still have a little leak that cause a small (not so noticeable) sound while reving down. You can also hear it in my last vid from inside the garage. We didn't manage to remove it completely so I am thinking about welding the whole thing… Any comments about doing or not doing this from your experiences??

I would really appreciate to hear any suggestions on the two points above (3 and 4) you may have.

2005 350Z 35th - SilverStone
2009 370Z Touring/Sport - Platinum Grey

Last edited by Mr_Z; 09-01-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Mr_Z is offline   Reply With Quote