View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
pty370z
Track Member

Drives: over the speed limit
pty370z will become famous soon enoughpty370z will become famous soon enough
Question Looking for honest/unbiased advise - Clutch/Flywheel/CSC Work

Hi everyone,

First, a little background info. I have a 2010 Touring+Sport 370Z. It currently has 25,000 miles. My Z is my daily driver.

I had my clutch pedal go all the way down on Tuesday night, felt extremely soft with almost no engagement. I was still able to shift through the gears when it happened but only had like 1 inch or less of pedal feel. Once I arrived home I put the car in Neutral position to park it. I attempted to shift gears again and I wasn't able to shift into any gear, even while fully pressing the clutch pedal.

I had it towed to the dealer the next day (Wednesday morning). The dealer called me today saying the issue is with the bearing/CSC. They have yet to confirm if the CSC will be covered under warranty (it should, but oh well..)

Even if warranty applies, I consider I should simply go ahead and get the ZSpeed HD CSC for peace of mind and, given the fact that tranny will need to be pulled, simply take the opportunity and upgrade clutch+flywheel.

I'd like to replace the clutch with something better than stock that will eventually handle a supercharger or TT kit pushing down 450-460whp. HOWEVER, I will NOT be going FI in a near future. It's in my plans for some day but not immediately or soon. This means, that, at the same time, I'd like something I could continue using with my N/A setup and for daily driving.

Also, I have no idea what to do with the flywheel. I've ruled out Fidanza or JWT because of the excessive chatter reviews I've read. I've also read that good choices that are less noisy could be flywheels from Z1, SouthBend, and Competition Clutch but still better performers than stock.

I was considering probably getting the Z1 Clutch+Flywheel combo? It's rated at handling up to 500 tq. Would this work for me?

Also, if I understand correclty, the ZSpeed HD CSC needs to be ordered according to the clutch kit I will be using, is this correct? So if I order an HD CSC for a stock OEM clutch I cannot use it with a Z1 clutch or a SouthBend clutch, is this right?

I appreciate all the help I can get to make the best decision for my current situation.

Thank you very much!
Exterior: INGS+1 * SEIBON * FUJIMURA * PW:JDM * UAM * KICS * VOLK
pty370z is offline   Reply With Quote