View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 02:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Orphan
Base Member

Drives: SC400
Orphan is on a distinguished road
Default VQ37HR block limitations?

Hey guys,

Well after checking out some of the TT threads I was wondering if anyone knows the limitations of the stock VQ37HR block? From what i've seen up to 12psi has been run on at least one so far. Its really too bad that its an open deck block That said considering that 12psi TT set up I saw put out around the 500rwhp mark I guess its no limitation for most people. So standard internals and block seem to be alright for 12psi+ and 500rwhp though I imagine a safer number would be around the 450rwhp mark.

Has anyone got water injection set up on their VQ37 yet? FI + 11.0:1 CR and water injection would work quite nicely for a bit of safety margin.

EDIT: I just found some pictures of the stock block that I had on my computer, it looks pretty good even though its a open deck design. A guy I know is currently building a high CR turbo engine so it will be interesting to see how it does, he is using a closed deck v8 with 11.5:1 CR and hoping for 12-14.7psi though he hasn't mentioned if he has chosen single or twin yet.

David

Last edited by Orphan; 08-31-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Orphan is offline   Reply With Quote