View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #208 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsZ View Post
WHAT????? "open ended wrenches", "needle nose pliers", "Clevis'ssss", "lock nuts". I can't imagine doing any kind of work like this on my precious Z. I guess I'm just "old school" but if you have to change anything mechanical to this degree on a new Z, why bother buying it in the first place. You're making changes on an already awesome car where it won't even feel like a Z anymore. No car is perfect but the Z comes as close to perfect as possible IMO. Ever hear of something having "character"? The Z's got it...and then some! I wouldn't think of putting anything but a sponge and microfiber towel to my Z.
john - it's a frikken spring held by an e-clip. anyone can do this. now get your spring from mike, get a flash light and a long nose pair if pliers and get that thing replaced.

a quick tip from me.... place flashlight in your left hand pointing backwards so that it looks like you have a knife in your hand ready to make a kill. then push down and hold the clutch pedal with your same left hand while holding the flash light in the same orientation. you will have good visibility of the clutch spring assy.

then use your right hand to pull the e-clip out of the helper spring assy with your long nose pliers. walla. it's very easy to do.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote