View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #206 (permalink)
JohnsZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC24 View Post
So after owning my Z for 5 days now, the clutch pedal has been the one thing that has been bugging the hell out of me. After searching the internet for the past couple days, I've found some information on how to adjust the engagement point, but nothing that made me feel confident in doing it. I saw B&W_Evader's post from a couple days ago that he had adjusted the engagement point, so I sent him a PM. His response is super simple, and doesn't need any pictures to figure it out.

B&W_Evader:
"Stick your nose under the dash and draw your attention up the pedal linkage. You will see a bar that goes into the floorboard. This is the bar that goes to the clutch master cylinder. You will see a clevis connecting it to the pedal and a lock nut that keeps the rod from turning. I just loosened the nut and screwed the rod in the whole way. You may not need to go that far but I had only about a turn of adjustment. I used a needle nose pliers on the nurled portion of the rod to turn it in. The posts I read said you need to watch that you don't take any of the switch positions out of place but I didn't have to do anything on mine."

In addition to the needle nose pliers, you will need a 12mm open ended wrench to loosen the jam nut.

Once I got under there and figured out how to work in the tight space, the mod took all of 3 minutes. From when I went out to the garage to when I was starting the engine to test drive it took about 5.

Huge difference, and now the clutch feels more "normal" to me (based off of the last 11 cars I've owned with manual transmissions) I took it around the block and didn't have any grinding issues or anything weird like that.

Just hoping this post will help some of you who are searching as to how to do this mod and haven't had any luck.

WHAT????? "open ended wrenches", "needle nose pliers", "Clevis'ssss", "lock nuts". I can't imagine doing any kind of work like this on my precious Z. I guess I'm just "old school" but if you have to change anything mechanical to this degree on a new Z, why bother buying it in the first place. You're making changes on an already awesome car where it won't even feel like a Z anymore. No car is perfect but the Z comes as close to perfect as possible IMO. Ever hear of something having "character"? The Z's got it...and then some! I wouldn't think of putting anything but a sponge and microfiber towel to my Z.

Last edited by JohnsZ; 06-28-2012 at 10:51 AM.
JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote