View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #51 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z Purist View Post
Wow, zombie thread for the lose.

It's pretty much the same, really. H pipes, if they're really H pipes, are crossover tubes. basically joins a true dual exhaust to mellow and deepen the sound. apparently also improves the behavior of the exhaust gasses for increased torque or horsepower or something. y pipe is just the section post cats in the Z that joins the exhaust stream together.
This.

And with that in mind, I am not aware of any dyno shootouts between the Nismo Weldina and the Nismo OEM, so its hard to say which of the two designs is "better".

Here's the real issue; For whatever reason, changing the pipe diameter from whatever it is on either results in a horrendously loud rasp on decel.

I hated it so much that my one attempt to go with a freer flowing Y-pipe convinced me to go back to the welded up Weldina

I know there's also some noise associated with the after market x pipe option some people go with... I love this motor, but it is as harmonious as a busted bagpipe if you have big transitions from one pipe to the next.