View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
jsc
Base Member

Drives: 88mr2sc, 91mr2turbo
jsc is on a distinguished road
Default Hey from another new FL guy!

Well I've been lurking around the site for awhile, figured it was time for an intro, as my wife says I'm obsessed with looking at the Z's for sale online after I test drove a 2012 370 touring/sport auto and a 2006 350 base manual back to back this weekend at the Tampa Carmax. Wow, loved both, but I think it's gotta be the 370 6 speed but still need to drive one.

Been an MR2 nut forever, the 88 supercharged was my favorite, sold my 91 turbo about 6 months ago and narrowed down to an rx8, mustang gt, or the Z.

I still really like the RX. The mustang was ok, just not my speed.
I test drove a 2004 RX8 6 speed and it had more power then I expected and great handling, but with all the care and feeding which the rotary requires compared to the power, looks, handling, and history of the Z I'm now strongly leaning toward a low mileage 370z with the manual sport package to get the wheels, limited slip diff, and if it has the touring so much the better! Hope to be a position to get one in the next few months, life is short!

Thanks in advance if anyone has tips or links for a list of items to inspect on a pre-owned. I've read some of the tech docs on a low oil issue on early cars but that seems to be rare?

Jeff
jsc is offline   Reply With Quote