Thread: 135i or 370z
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #63 (permalink)
Emac
Base Member

Drives: Acura TSX
Emac is on a distinguished road

Alas, I'm on this fence as well. My lease on my TSX is up soon and I'm looking at these two cars.

Had two Z's before (300zx and 350 - for too short of a time unforunately). Love the Z and definitely would like to go back, but also wouldn't mind trying something different. I've test-driven both cars once.

I like the idea of the 1. Cars have become so bloated. 3 series are the size of old 5 series. But as people pointed out, the 1 is still a heavy car. Really like the torque it has and it is definitely more comfortable than Z, less claustrophobic (I'm used to the TSX by now). And BMW's have a certain road feel, they're wonderful to drive.

However, the Z is definitely a sports car and it was a blast to drive too. That cockpit is great, and the car will likely prove more reliable (the fuel pump issue on the 135 concerns me). And where I live in LA, 370'z are less common so far than 135's (that may change).

I just wish both cars had a back-up camera. I think I'd enjoy both just as much for different reasons. Another test drive of each is need. It may come down to the deals I can get. If it's a 135, I'll likely lease, a Z would most certainly be a purchase.