View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I know they are a sponsor and everything, but I was treated like crap at Koppel. Over the phone, they promised the world. When I got there (2 hours drive and 120 miles later), they pretty much ignored me and wouldn't even let me drive the car. I was ready to buy at the time (2009), but I ended up with a Prius that year and ended up with my 370 in 2010.

Back to the original topic. I got my car back after finding my wife to drive me to the dealership. I took it for four problems, they didn't fix any of them. If anything, they told me I have new problems.

I took it in for the following
#1 Inaccurate fuel gauge = They claimed the fuel sender is within spec even though I lost only 3 dots after running through 7 to 8 gallons of gas.
#2 TPMS light flashed last week = They claimed my TPMS light came on because I had a wiring harness for my rear foglight/trailer, so nothing can be done.
#3/#4 Transmission whine that goes away when you push the pedal in, 2nd gear clunks = They claimed it was all due to the trailer hitch even though I have had the problem since it was new

Here are the new problems they told me I have

#1 My transmission fluid was dirty (I put it in myself a month ago)
#2 They claim there was a rattle from the trunk area due to the hitch hitting the muffler even though it is physically impossible for them to touch (there isn't enough slack). Funny thing I have never heard a noise from the trunk, rattle was never an issue with this car.
#3 I had over 1000 codes in my ECU stored.

If you have a good dealer, I suggest you keep up with them. This is the 8th Nissan dealership I have visited, they all suck more than Sasha Grey. I am still on the same Mercedes/Toyota dealership.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote