Thread: Pretty wild
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
HT Rambler
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370z red auto
HT Rambler is on a distinguished road
Default Pretty wild

I'll try and be brief ,thought i would share. wife and I took the z to a friends b-day party for his wife. We left the party around 2:am, I knew we were pretty low on gas but thought we could make it.
I'm on the beltway headed home and when i get in the car the little message center shows low gas and 38 miles to empty. So i keep my eye on the gage and figure i can make it. Now my gage is down to 27 miles,I'll be pushing it but I think I can get there. About one minute later the gage goes to dashes, so now i b-line for the next exit. So i cruse the feeder road looking for open gas station. After i roll past 2 closed stations i come up on an exxon that is open . I jump out pop the gas and insert nozzle, my Buddie calls me that i was following back to our end of town as i grab for the phone the gas nozzle jumps out of the hole. Gas is spraying like crazy. Once i get the nozzle to disengage i tap the window to get my wife to cut the car off. I'm covered from mid chest to toe in gas, my shoes are soaked to the point that i'm slipping and sliding in the puddle of gas.
Now before the questions are asked, were you drinking at the party :yes. not to the point of having too much. It happened so quick i don't think that i knocked the nozzle out but may have?? But my question is don't the gas shut off when something like that happens? Auto shut off?
Well anyway is here is my situation i'm soaked in gas and have to get in my car just to make it home. Then i have to get the gas off of my car because the hatch area was soaked in gas.
Today Sunday i have a slight hint of gas smell in the car, fabreeze has helped and the windows have been down all day.
on a safety note: cut your car off, don't worry about cell phone calls, keep your car full of gas.
HT Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote