View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the individual dealerships. They'll screw you over just as bad if you're driving a BMW, Lexus, Toyota, GM...whatever. The ones working at the luxury brands are just better at hiding it. I've heard stories of relative being charged over $600 to have her Lexus LS460 in for an oil change and 'maintenance.' My aunt knows nothing about cars and just payed it. I can imagine this happens a lot.

In your situtation, I would contact Nissan directly to get it resolved. I actually had/have similar issues as you. The TPMS thing is easy enough to solve. I had them reset the sensors. The next time it malfunctions, they can see which wheel it was. Ask them to scan in and get a print out. If the light ever came on, it will say something like it wasn't detected, etc. You have to be as much of a d*ck as they are to get anything done, so don't be afraid to complain...and complain....and complain. Talk to the manager if you have to. Also, be sure to fill out that survey Nissan mails you after having warranty done. Sometimes a rep will actually call me about my experience. They take that stuff pretty seriously and not enough people actually do it.

The fuel guage issue is not actually the fuel guage issue. It's the fuel senders that need to be replaced.

For the most part though, I tend to think of these things as pretty minor, but annoying.
*knock on wood.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote