View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
Maybe it's a 09 issue?
Thought I'd come and update after a long while. Mine's a 2010. It's been 4 times since the original post that I've had to take the car back over the last 2years. It will work for a few months then the senders will take a dump again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Two tanks and the last light still doesn't light up. I knew replacing the cluster wouldn't work, but I had a scratch on my old one anyways. The rep suspected "it's probably not the fuel sender", but it is likely the fuel sender. Nissan should really do a TSB for this. The guage kind of inaccurate until you get this fixed. I was showing 4 dots left, but was about 16 gallons when I filled up (19 gal./16 dots =1.19 gal. per dot; should have been around 14 gallons?). Basically saying that I think there's less fuel in the tank than what the guage is saying. It does seem to effect the bottom range also. I'll see if it's the same on the next fill-up. If others can confirm this?
This is what happened to mine. They replaced the cluster the first time with no effect, then replaced the senders which fixed the problem temporarily. Like I said about they've failed 3 more times since then 2 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
Because people should be concerned about the two bottom lights on the guage. Not the top ones. Besides, most people don't fill their tanks up right to the top. So the result is that those lights don't light.

Dead horse thread.
Um, no. After the third time getting the senders replaced mine started to not light up the top light after a fill up. After parking the car and letting things reset the top light would illuminate so I decided to let it ride. Eventually it failed to the point where after the fuel level reached 3/4 the meter would go totally dead. I'd get the low fuel warning and the 30 miles to empty warning. When it would drain down to 1/4 tank the meter would come back.

I got the car back 2 weeks ago and it's working for now. Nissan was involved this time (I called them)and essentially all they did was warranty another set of sending units and test all the pin outs in the harness. I encourage you to call after the second time you have this issue because it stated in the lemon law if you go to arbitration you've had to make contact with the manufacturer in the 3 attempts to fix it. That way you have the steps in place should you decide to go that route. As you might expect I dont feel really confident it's going to stay working after 3 previous sets of senders. As much as I like the car I may consider persuing them buying it back. Also I've asked them to address the hatch not lifting past the latch when you pop it open either (stuck hatch issue). I think it may be worse on the NISMO because the size of the spoiler. That hasn't been resolved either.
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote