View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
VAUROS
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan Maxima
VAUROS is on a distinguished road

I make $175k and I was comfortably affording both my GT-R and my 2011 Nissan Maxima. I sold the car because of the reasons I stated in this thread and my original thread. I've always had two cars; one for daily driving and a sports car. Before the GT-R, I had a 2011 E92 M3 Coupe and I sold that because my girlfriend told me we were expecting (my first child).

A few months after my daughter arrived, I started getting the itch again and placed an order for a 2012 E92 M3 Coupe. While waiting for my M3 to be built, I decided that I wanted to try a GT-R, so I cancelled my order and bought a GT-R. After owning (3) M3's before the GT-R, I simply felt that the GT-R was too perfect, too much power for public roads, and not having a manual just made the overall experience less than stimulating.

My reasons for wanting a Nismo Z has nothing to do with finances. I could easily afford a brand new M3 Coupe or any other car in the $75-100k range. However, the only car that peaks my interest, at this point, is the Nismo Z. I was actually going to get the new M5 but after reading that it drives like a luxury car but fast like a super sedan, I was completely turned off. BMW seems to be going 'soft' with the next generation of vehicles. Hopefully, the next M3 stays true to the ///M division's heritage.

Personally, unless you actually have the time to go to the track on a regular basis, which I don't, why own both a GT-R and a Z? You could just daily drive your Z and tune it to your liking. There are a lot of people that make VERY good money and don't drive $100k plus cars.
VAUROS is offline   Reply With Quote