View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
xweaponx
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z
xweaponx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by didymus View Post
Are the towels absorbing all the water?
What soap are you using?
As far as I can tell yeah, but I am just using smaller microfibers from advanced auto
"Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax" The yellow kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottIN View Post
Pick up an in-line filter with a rechargeable canister. I've got mine mounted to the side of my house, but it sounds like you might have to take yours with you, so a little stand and a shorty hose would work.

I've just got a single stage, but here's the style I'm talking about:

Deluxe Clean Water Filter Kit, 2 step water filter system, water filter for car washing, inline hose filter

You can get them at about any home improvement store. To recharge the medium, I just store the filter in saltwater (one of those plastic spaghetti storage containers is perfect) and then just hook it up for car washing.

Wish I could find where I got mine from, but I think it was only about $50.

My 'car wash' hose also runs through my water softener, so that helps as well.
Yeah, I'd have to bring it with me because its just a little parking spot with a hose. If you could find one that you'd recommend me buying it'd definitely help. I have a Home Depot and Lowe's pretty close so I could always stop by there, but I want to know what I'm talking about before I go because I don't trust employees opinions on odd stuff like this.
You recharge it with salt water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winters View Post
Are the water spots spread all over the car, like residue?

Or are they in certain places only?
They're mostly on the horizontal surfaces(hood, roof, spoiler). They are usually just small dark circles, but some have a hint of white like they're trapped minerals.
xweaponx is offline   Reply With Quote