View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Tick faster to what exactly ?...it shouldn't be a tick faster from a standstill to anything because you can't launch it. After that, anyone who knows how to shift a car should be able to shift in under 500ms...thats a half a second for you math impaired folks...

You are certainly right, 500ms is fast for an automatic and not almost as fast as a DCT, sorry. The DCT in the M3 can do under 100ms and the DCT in the GT-R can do under 250ms. Also I don't know how much experience you have driving manual transmissions, but you press/depress the clutch and change the gear almost simultaneously, it isn't 3 different steps in practice. People who drive aggressively should be able to do this in less than 500 ms...

I'll give you the fact that the auto tranny in the Z isn't bad by automatic transmission standards, but don't think that it is better than a good driver with the manual.
+1 I think a good driver can beat 300 milliseconds in a standard.
Lug is offline   Reply With Quote