View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh Rickles View Post
Thanks very much for the thorough info guys.

Kenchan, I replaced the battery with an Optima Yellow Top when this happened the first time, and it happened again within 2 months after that, so I'd assume it's not the battery itself that's the problem.

Mults, I'd been thinking #3 is the answer... but does this evidence give me a legit warranty issue to go to the dealer with? I'm unfortunately not as laissez faire as you seem to be especially considering I've had more issues with this Z than I've had with my past 3 Acuras combined.
Stosh,

It should be very easy for the dealer to check the alternator and the battery to see where the weak link is. If all are within factory specs, I would start looking at items that may be draining the battery when it is just sitting (my item #2).
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote