View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #85 (permalink)
slumpey
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370Z 7AT
slumpey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
To all those using the SeaSucker Talon:

how do you like the rack and do you recommend it?
What's the most optimal mounting position for the least amount of wind resistance?
Also, do the crank arms spin and hit/touch the car? Do you secure them to the frame?
Is anyone using their cable anchor?
To answer you questions:

(#1) Yes. I like it and would recommend the SeaSucker Talon. I previously had the Boofsquire rack (another good product) but needed something compatible with any vehicle.
(#2) Not sure. I currently have the front fork mounted right behind the driver's side door (visible in picture #1 below), but the front fork can be mounted at the top of the front windshield (see post #78 by SiRay6).
(#3) Arms don't spin as far as I know and there is no contact to rear window by the pedals. I don't have them secured while driving.
(#4) I don't have the anchor cable and would like to see if there is an alternative. I don't want to have a cable dangling from my Z. My Talon came with the upgraded Delta Hitch Pro fork mount which is very easy and quick to use. Just had to buy a padlock (visible in picture #2 below) which provides some security. I do have to remove the Talon every time i take off my bike at a trail to deter thieves, but it's more versatile then my previous rack so I don't mind.

I have gone 80 mph for 40 miles with no issues. This is the farthest and fastest I have driven so far with the SeaSucker Talon attached.

On a side note, I always have people stop by my car and inquire about my SeaSucker Talon. Good conversation piece.

Last edited by slumpey; 07-02-2012 at 05:44 PM.
slumpey is offline   Reply With Quote