Thread: Rough Day
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Z34Driver
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PW M6
Z34Driver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
praying for blessings to you
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyusmc View Post
I'm so glad your ok. At the end of the day your car is replaceable and your life is not.
Exactly, glad to live to another Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
Glad to hear your ok but I have to laugh at the people saying the car is not that bad. Looks totaled to me, and who knows how damaged the engine is. Whats your plan if she is a write off? Another Z or something else?
I loved the Z so far, so as of now I will be trying to get another one. However, there are a few cars that I would like to test drive, although I'm almost certain they will be disappointing after driving the Z around for the past few months.

2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0 Turbo is one I will test drive. I like the way this car looks, and although not as sexy as the Z, or as much race history as the Z, I like the fact that it is Turbo. Haven't done much research in this area, so I'm not sure how much further the car can be pushed beyond stock, without major internal upgrades.

I would also like to drive a 2013 Scion FR-S. As far as I know, these are only available in N/A version so far in the US, 200 hp. I'm just wondering how that 200hp would feel in a 2000 lb car...

I doubt I would be satisfied with the power of these cars now, but I would like to check them out.

Anyone else have any suggestions...I'm not a fan of the muscle car look(Mustangs, Camaros, Challngers/Chargers...etc)(except for the Vette). I prefer two door, two seat cars with a sleek look. The BMW 135i does not fit this description IMO, but I have never driven or been in one, so I can't say for sure that I don't like it, just not as sexy as the Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
Bottom line is the Z gave you another day to be upset at what happened. It saved you.

50mph head on is pretty fast.

Just be happy you can post about this, the Z is replaceable.

The z is totaled for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZ View Post
Oh yeah, the car is totaled fer sure. When you do get another one, DO NOT get the new Midnight Blue.... that's the color I'm getting.... JUST KIDDING! See, you've cheered up already.
Haha, I did laugh at that

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Thank goodness ur ok bro... cars can be replaced. Swerving is a risky move brother. Just slam the brake next time something like that happens. Brakes are your best friend.
At least you are doing well for the type of accident it is. I had an accident before in my first Z and its rough.
Yeah, I didn't have much time to react, but if I didn't swerve, I would have hit him head on full speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechidz View Post
I would say that z is totalled and his insurance will pay for it so look on the bright side get a new z
Hoping it works out that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident. It happened to me before. Insurance should take care of you. Can't wait to see the next one... Nismo?
We shall see how it all works out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post

I might get some bad responses to this next comment because this is a car forum, but...
FÚCK THE CAR! You have insurance, it's all good and dandy to say it sucks to see a Z gone, but it's MUCH worse to see a Z DRIVER gone! And thank God for, God, your accident is a terrible accident, and no shattered bones is a miracle!

If you need anything, I'm sure more than one of your Z brothers will be here for you, I might be in a different state, but if you need anything from Texas, give me a shout

(And I made a payment the day my last car was totaled and it sucked, but insurance overpaid for the car! AND if you don't get enough to buy a new car, I'm sure we can set up a fund for you, $1 donations, lol. I think we have enough members to make it possible)
Haha, my only worry is that it's an 09 base, I really hope I don't get hosed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix 808 View Post
Indeed. Everything is replaceable except life & mobility. There use to be a tv ad for an Attorney out here named Larry Parker & had a guy in a wheel chair saying Larry Parker got me $3.1 million & every time I saw it I thought yeah, but you still can't walk. As said by so many, glad everyone could walk away from it.
Thank you, and yes I have seen too many of those commercials today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
WOW....... Man I'm glad you are all right & came out with some minor burses/cuts. Things could have been a lot worse for you & the other driver. Hopefully you are able to get a new Z.
Thanks I hope so too, and yes it could have been much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetlife View Post
, focus on recovering first and foremost.
Luckily for me, I work from home coding, so hopefully the soreness will pass soon.
Z34Driver is offline   Reply With Quote