View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
bigsix
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Honda City/Mazda 2
bigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to bigsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumGraph View Post

Am I knocking the car? Heck no, I love my baby! But this is a plea to Nissan to knock it off with the clunky manuals. I know it's kind of a tradition, but so is feet binding, ritual cannibalism, and head cheese. The manual is a primary way the driver interacts with the car - don't make it unpleasant.

And no, I'm not a whimp; I'm not afraid of pain, learning curves, failure, embarrassment, or large hairy spiders wearing tutus. I'm just wondering why we have to keep settling and pretending all is okay with these cement mixer manuals. We COULD have better, but over and over, it is decided that we shall not. Don't get me started on 7 speed autos and gear ratios.

This brings us to the end of my whiny little b**ch thread.

TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ: why do we have to keep settling for manual transmissions made by three year old elephants out of clay pots?
Is it tradition for Nissan to make less than great Manual transmissions ? ? ? or is this specific to the Z . ? .

I think Nissan makes good automatic transmissions. They hook up nicely with their V6 engines.
bigsix is offline   Reply With Quote