View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #39 (permalink)
harman.khinda
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370 PG 7AT
harman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond repute

take the long rear weather stripping off. snap-off the plastic bracket in the middle that covers the windshield wiper. screw in a oil pan cooler underneath the plastic shroud. Doing this I'm now commonly at 210 cruising on the highway instead of 220 and it also take longer for the engine oil to reach 210F. I'm betting that removing the engine cover will help with cooling. A couple free tweaks that do provide better cooling for free - the oil pan cooler is a trailer side vent that costs 10 bucks. credit given to Modshack and his DIY. Also a Uprev tune will help out a bit but I also find it takes slightly longer for the car to warm up now - could be the test pipes not holding heat like the stock cats though. Of course an oil cooler is the better albeit pricier solution.

*there is still some weather stripping in front of the battery and brake fluid covers to insulate NVH for the hood and since the flow is exiting at the rear of the engine bay it shouldn't have negative affects on aero.*

Last edited by harman.khinda; 06-23-2012 at 12:26 PM.
harman.khinda is offline   Reply With Quote