Thread: Rough Day
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Z34Driver
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PW M6
Z34Driver is on a distinguished road
Default Rough Day

Well...this happened today as I was driving to get lunch on my lunch break. Someone turned into my lane, trying to turn into a shop just off of the road. To avoid hitting him head on, going 55mph, I swerved around him, trying to drive in the middle lane where the guy causing the accident was turning from. His front passenger bumper clipped the rear passenger side of the Z, and sent me sliding into oncoming traffic, where I was ultimately stopped by slamming into a Volkswagen Jetta, head on.

I am upset, and the only reason I didn't wait until tomorrow to post this is because I can't sleep. Had to get some stitches in my knee, and I'm banged up pretty bad. However, I realize how lucky I am, considering the speed limit on the road where the accident happened is 55mph. I estimate that I, as well as the other car involved in the head on, were still going approximately 50mph when this happened. Also very lucky that the guy that caused the accident, admitted fault, and he was the only one given a ticket out of the 3 involved.

Hope these pics don't hurt you guys as much as they hurt me. I may have more tomorrow, these were all I could get before being taken away in the ambulance.

Icing on the cake...I made my car payment this morning...

Last edited by Z34Driver; 06-23-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added pic of other car involved in head on
Z34Driver is offline   Reply With Quote