View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
any chance I can have one by the end of the month?
While remotely possible, it is pretty unlikely. The last part we have to machine is probably the most complex part in the unit. It will require machining from 3 different mounting positions, 2 of them requiring custom machined fixtures.

After the machining is all done, we get the parts anodized. The anodizer usually has the parts for 3-5 days. Anodizing is not required.. but we do it as a way of stamping the parts as "complete" and ready for use... and because it is just more professional looking to us. I would personally recommend waiting out the anodizing. Its also nice because it removes conductivity from anodized surfaces, which can be nice for parts with wiring inside the gas tank.

We will see how the last part comes together and how quickly and go from there. Everything else for this has been taking longer than expected and I trust that the theme may continue.