View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #1710 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Good morning Mr.kenchan

Is it forum troubles that kept you from loggin in, or obligations at work?

Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm looking forward to getting things set-up. The pictures help.

The mount looks like a quality piece.
hahaha, yah, both. i had a long day at work yesterday. but i was able to do some car stuff in the garage last night so that was

the satechi is probably one of the best ones out there...but that swivel that can't click to its horizontal detent is

btw, im not sure about the zoom you bought, but my tascam's mic polar pattern (mic's pickup pattern) is directly forward to 90degress perpendicular. so that means it will prioritize sound that is picked up forward of the front seats. since the cabin is small it picks up a lot of the nice exhaust note too while reducing road noise.

if i want more bass frequency of the exhaust i could position the recorder pointing more towards the ceiling, but will also add the rumbling road noise down 25-55hz area. i suggest not using any hi-pass filters or limiter on the recorder and just play with the positions first.