View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #1701 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
That is ridiculous, but honestly I would have been a bit thankful. That's because the first time I took the Z in for oil change (it was complimentary even with Mobil 1), I walked behind the service guy pulling the Z into a garage bay when some 18 year old kid waiting in the bay, exclaims "Oh cool! I've never worked on one of these before." They got one more oil change from me cause I got another deal for $30 with Mobil 1 but nothing since.

Does anyone who does their own oil changes take it to the dealer for any of the routine maintenance check ups? I got a call from the dealership manager saying I should be coming up on 15K miles (I laughed since I was almost to 20K at the time) and could bring it in for them to look for things to charge me for
I, or one of my kids, perform virtually all of the maintenance. I follow the maintenance schedule and then some. I had the dealer change my oil last time due to my hand being messed up still -- however, I brought them 6 quarts (I have an oil cooler) of ENEOS and a K&N. They charge me 10 bucks for the labor. I also had them replace my serpentine belt with a Gates belt I provided -- again due to injury and I am at 30,000 miles.

I also take her in for inspections about every 3,500 miles. They are free and it keeps my car in their service records.