View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #52 (permalink)
SINZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
SINZ is on a distinguished road

Funny how people still talk about this lol.
Well since i work in helping rick put his Z together in the past.This is from what i saw with the whole wheel's thing.

Work Japan first wanted rick/venaci to start marketing there new wheel line Gnosis when they first came out in 2008 or 2009.Because japan wheels sales drop with many U.S Forged wheels was going into japan.
So they came out with the Gnosis line.Cheaper cast wheels that look like 3pc forged.
They told him that he can use the Gnosis line and they can make him any name center caps he wanted.
And that's what Work wheels do in japan for years when it come's to private Lable for tuning companys,body kits companys in Japan.Same with SSR and Rays/Volk Racing.

So after 3 years that rick/venaci did all the marketing.At the time same Work/Gnosis wheels start leaking into the U.S,as Gnosis with Gnosis caps.
Rick/Venaci orders started to slow down and get delay,at the same time Gnosis order was getting made and getting into the U.S market.

The same way works with many U.S Forged wheels manufacturer, wheels are sold with different caps.Same with cast wheels,there is so many that looks the same,but with different caps.

This sale strategy with Japan companys has been done in the past many time over the years,but people in the industry knows.
Pretty much Japan saw that there was a market for the Gnosis line now,and there's is no need for rick/venaci now.
So from the last time i saw rick/venaci at Sema,he told me that they stop everything from japan and is now working in 1pc ,3pc Forged now.
I think there is a few out there,that's he's testing the market.

But then there's more to the story,but it's something be hide the industry.
Never heard anything about a law suit.But If there were any? it would be the other way around.lol
Its like selling guns to the good guy and bad guy.lol :P
Just what i know and saw.

Last edited by SINZ; 06-21-2012 at 09:59 PM.