View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
joshs09slvrZ
Track Member

Drives: 09 7AT 370Z
joshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enoughjoshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10splaya22 View Post
I'm glad you are doing the oil analysis. Thats the best way to determine if you interval was too short, too long, just right. That fuzzywuzzy guy doesn't know what he is talking about. It depends how you drive the car and the synthetic oils today can go over 10k miles. The filter is what needs to be changed and is usually the limiting factor.

My dad goes 15k miles using Amsoil in his Sienna and changes the filter only at 7500. His car has over 100k on it and runs perfect. Not saying thats the right thing to do but the only way is to get an analysis of the actual oil, not basing it on what a book says.

Also I feel that the 3750 in the owners manual is very conservative because Nissan would rather change the oil a couple more times in the warranty period than possibly replace engines if people drive their cars hard and don't change the oil often enough (especially if not using synthetic).
I agree with you 100%. I have the Purolator PureOne filter in there now. Supposedly they are pretty good...we'll find out when I get the analysis back.
Stillen Gen3 CAI|Berk HFC and CBE|UpRev|15mm H&R front spacers|20mm Ichiba rear spacers|Stillen front and rear sway bars|Yokohama S. Drives|Swift springs|JDM Blinking Fog|8000k HIDs|9% window tinting, 47% on full windshield
joshs09slvrZ is offline   Reply With Quote