Thread: Is it just me??
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it just me??

2011 base/sport 6 speed
First I need to say that I am, and I drive like, an Old Man! No racing, and driving all crazy like years ago.
Now then, when my car had right around 4k miles on it, going to the market, about 40 mph the car just up and dies. I pull off and crank and crank, but it will not start. A trip to the dealer indicates that the timing chain had snapped. (due to overrevving they claim)
Dealer fix, and all is well.
now to 11k miles.......Same road, same speed, 3rd gear 3,ooo rpm, car goes into limp mode. SES light is on as well. I return home (less than a mile away) and park it, disconnect battery to reset ecu, and restart later, fires right up, sounds good, seems normal. Next morning she don't start.
To the dealer where they tell me the timing chain "skipped", and they contribute it to excess oil consumption, that it was 1.5 quarts low. ( a month since they changed it, and just over 1k miles.
Anyway, I got a car with 11k miles thats getting a new short block installed. Am I the only one, or are there others out there???????
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote