View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Oh by the way just to reiterate. I love my Z and would rather walk than drive a volt or prius.

Those things are great if you are too lazy to ride your bicycle, but I bought my Z to drive and drive hard. However, I do occasionally find myself drifting for a few hours down a highway wondering if I could put up some efficiency numbers closer to a four banger by tweaking the tune. Maybe this is just another way to beat down the Subaru BRZ in my mind. (Ahh if only it got 35 mpg highway it would be better in every way... lol)

I know that constantly varying valve timing and air/fuel mix ratios are going on under the hood (all a bit mysterious to me I hate to admit) somehow tied up in the maps, what I don't know is how much that can help push the Z into fuel sipping mode with the right tune.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote