View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny's 370z View Post
hello,my name is kenny .just bought my first used 370z yesterday and im already loving it.its an 09 blue 6 speed manual with 58k miles on the clock.im new to the z but not new to modding.hoping to get to know the peeps on this forum and learn all i can about this car to make it all it can be.i did the tb bypass and muffler delete yesterday until i can put a proper exhaust on it.sounds great ! i want to put the best intake that will net me the most gains.i have seen there is not much of a gain from the cai filters that sits behind the bumper.is it true that i would be better off just getting the drop ins and post maf tubes ?
welcome and congratulations on the new ride!

To answer your questions, the Stillen Gen3's are the highest hp gaining CAI's that I know of at a dyno-proven 17.5 hp gain. Brand new you are looking at spending right over $500 new if you shop around some. You can get them used all the time here from other forum members for anywhere from $300 to $425 depending on the condition of them.

Post MAF's and drop-in's will run you (I think) $250-$275 brand new. As far as I know there have been no dyno's posted by members here, so the gains are estimated, not definite. Judging from an educated guess, you're going to get between 6-10 hp from them. Again, this is just an estimate, and other's are welcome to chime in on this.

I personally have the Gen3's and I love them. It was my first bolt on mod, and I could definitely tell a difference in the acceleration and the sound. In my opinion, it is a wiser decision to just wait for some Gen3's to pop up on the forum and spend an extra $50 or so dollars to get them. Plus the shiny tubes look awesome lol. Hope this helps.
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote