View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Diet and exercise are both equally important....and both are equally challenging to stay on track with. One of the best things you can do is join a gym. Places like Planet Fitness is like $10 a month.
Completely agree. I just joined Planet Fitness like 2.5 months ago and I joined with 2 of my cousins. Our motivation was to get in shape and look good for one of our other cousin's wedding so we made a little competition out of it between us. One pretty much dropped out after the first day because he was busy with work/school and the other went with me for like 2 weeks or so. I started getting used to going and then got into the habit of going by myself.

I didn't really change up my diet too much. Just tried to avoid as much unnecessary/unhealthy foods (cut out sodas, juices, fast food) as I could and try to eat a little more healthy (whole grain bread instead of white, more fruits). Eating like this and going to the gym like 3 days a week I lost a good 4-5 lbs after a month. I usually give myself the weekends as cheat days since I tend to go out to eat with friends.

At this point I talked to some friends/family who have been working out for a while about what my goals were and ended up completely changing everything. Went from weight loss as my main goal to building muscle as my main goal. I wasn't too far overweight to begin with, maybe like 30 lbs, but I was way out of shape. I started taking protein supplements and focusing my workouts more on lifting than cardio. 1.5 months into this new diet and exercise plan I've put on a good 3-4 lbs of muscle and went down 2 belt notches around my waist.

I ended up completely changing my whole lifestyle because of this and I'm so glad I did. I feel way better now than I did before, have a lot more energy, and am tired less often. I've gotten to the point where I feel like crap if I haven't been to the gym in a while, which helps motivate me to keep going back. Dieting is definitely a good first step, but you definitely need exercise to go along with it. You don't necessarily need a super strict diet or a really intense workout schedule to get into shape, just a nice balance of the two. The most important thing is to find ways to keep yourself motivated and keep at it.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote