View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to put down your results OP. I commend you on taking the first step by making an effort. It's not an easy thing and it will test your self control. The think I would just caution you with the high amount of saturated fat and cholesterol associated with eating stuff like bacon. At the end of the day, it still comes down to calories, plain and simple. If you burn more than you take in, you lose weight. Carbs pack a lot of calories, so one of the effects of going with any low carb diet, is a drop in caloric intake. I know because I've done it. It does work in dropping pounds, but after getting blood work done, my cholesterol levels were just as high and I needed to take in more of the missing essential vitamins. You basically have to persuade yourself in to liking more fruits, vegetables, lean meats, high protein and whole grains. Portion control is also a key factor.

Diet and exercise are both equally important....and both are equally challenging to stay on track with. One of the best things you can do is join a gym. Places like Planet Fitness is like $10 a month. Home gyms don't work. It's about motivation...and being around other people trying just as hard is motivating in itself. I'm not saying it's not effective or impossible if you put in the amount of time at home, but for most people there are just too many distractions. Just remember that hot chicks love working out. If that isn't motivation enough to go, I don't know what is. I'm truly saying all this stuff to encourage you guys. I'm 5'8 and was over 210 lbs at one point. That was about two years ago and now I'm about 175lbs. I still want to be a bit leaner, but I gotta say I feel and look a lot better than I did 2 years ago. It took a lot of hard work and it's one of the hardest thing I've ever done, but I don't regret a minute of it.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote