View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z34Driver View Post
Also, the way this diet works is more about changing your metabolism. As I understand it, when you eat Primal, your body converts to running off of animal fat for energy, (after the first 3 days, I was very tired, but this quickly went away) instead of the high amounts of carbs that it once used. This includes the animal fat you eat, along with the fat on your body when you need energy. I have not counted a single calorie or been concerned with fat grams, only watched to keep carb intake between for the day in the 50-75 gram range, which is supposed to be the sweet spot for losing an average of 1-2lbs a week, effortlessly, and kept a close eye on sugar as well...
Yes, this is the exact philosophy behind the Atkins Diet and a few others. Getting your body into that mode drops pounds quickly.

I don't know if it's healthy or sustainable in the long term. It worked for me once, but it didn't last. Same with carb counting, tbh.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote