View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Z34Driver
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PW M6
Z34Driver is on a distinguished road

Yes, both exercise and diet are important. Trust me, I'm no fad diet-er. This is the only time in my life that I have made major restrictions to my diet. If you guys want to read more you can go to Mark's Daily Apple . com. I didn't want to post a link because I'm not sure about the rules.

However, since this is the first time I have restricted my diet, I wanted to see the results of that alone. I honestly didn't think I would make it to day 30, which was the original goal, but now that I have, I am really motivated to see the benefits of exercising along with this new diet / lifestyle. At this point, I have had one session of sprinting and throwing a frisbee in a field with a friend. That is all the exercise I have done. However, this diet / lifestyle considers things like doing 30 minutes of housework enough exercise for the day, so there have been at least 2 car washes that I have considered work outs as well. I work from home, so I walk from my office/room to the kitchen to get coffee and cook my eggs/bacon in the morning, and I take the dog out periodically throughout the day. When go to the grocery store, I park as far away from the door as possible, mainly because I don't want the Z to get scratched or ding'ed, but this is also considered exercise for the plan.

The main reason I did not purchase a scale on my own during this initial process was because I did not want to become discouraged or dependent upon the numbers for results. I took a picture every day for the first 7 days, and after just 3 days I could see results. After just 2 weeks my clothes were bigger, and my azz actually fit in the Z's stock base seat comfortably. I then started pictures on every Friday or Saturday, and the results are clear. About day 25, I could fit back into my size 36W shorts from American Eagle. I could not find a single pair of shorts that fit me in the entire mall the last time I searched, at least any that I liked the style of. The last pair of jeans I bought, were from Levi, and they were a size 44W, back in January of this year...
Z34Driver is offline   Reply With Quote